Thursday, February 22, 2007

...the Path to Hollywood...

Has anyone else marvelled over all the talent that makes its way out from the church pews and onto the stage of American Idol? This year is no exception. I went through the bios quickly and over half of them say they will thank "God" if they win. ...ya ya... most actors in Hollywood will say the same thing on Oscar night - and while I'm not implying that any of them have a greater or lesser relationship to God I am impressed by the ones that talk about him like He's a friend.

Also, I'm Canadian and so none of those guys are from my small town...instead I'll vote for my other hometown - Heaven - cause that's where I am apparently gonna meet a few of them someday. Ironically, the one's our family are really impressed with seem to be mostly from the same "hometown"...cool...and...without further babblings here are my picks...

Melinda Doolittle - I loved Randy's comment that others have much bravado and little talent and she was the complete opposite with much talent and little bravado... but she can belt it out - she was brought here for "such a time as this" Shine girl-Shine!

Jordin Sparks - is a real spitfire - and 17!! But she is young and that depth that comes from well, living, is just not developed yet. I love her but the momma in me wants to see her wait a few years...

Lakisha Jones - Musta been the best first night performance evaah! She can sing, she can move - wow. And when she was done I loved watching her soak up the praise like a sponge - slowly the words are permeating her heart - like a chrysalis coming out of her cocoon, - fly butterfly!

...and the boys...

Well they have yet to really show enough...

I still have my fav's -

Chris Sligh - He has a following apparently - The "Fro-patrol" makes me smile and one day he may make David Hasselhof cry - just hope he stays humble.

Blake Lewis - His voice is kinda like a smooth lindor truffle. Loved it.

Phil Stacey - American Idol's young dad. With those piercing blue eyes, terrific voice and three girls cheering him on at home he is already a winner.

It's still snowing outside, I can hear the wind blowing it all around but American Idol gives me 5 [five!] bright hours in the week...

1 comment:

Melzie said...

LOVE your analogy of Lakisha and a cocoon. Where do you read the bio's at? xoxo melzie